DIY projects with mason jars are in trend nowadays—you can just make a ton or stuff with them! You can even create mason jar candles and they look stylish yet shabby chic. If you’re planning on giving away scented candles as gifts, here’s how you can make one with your mason jar:
- Tie a wick around the middle of a pen (or wooden skewers)
- Let the end of the wick drop towards the center of the bottom of the jar.
- You can super glue the base of the wick to the center of the jar so that it stays in place once you begin to pour the wax.
- Set your stove burner on its lowest heat setting and place the pouring pot on the burner. You can also use a double boiler for this or just use a regular can for the wax with a larger pot for boiling the water.
- Add the wax flakes to the can and stir constantly until the wax melts without bubbly or simmering.
- Pour the scented oil or candle dye of choice on the melted wax flakes until the ultimate shade or scent is achieved.
- Stir the mixture until the color and scented oil is fully integrated into the melted wax. It may take about 20 to 30 minutes to achieve this consistency
- Pour into the prepped mason jars and allow it to sit until it cools down, turning solid.
- Once cooled down, place the mason jars wherever you need the protected candle light.
Mason jars are ideal for this project because its glass is made to withstand direct heat from the small flame. Set the candles outdoors, like in the beach or on a walkway and they will look wonderful as the sparkle in the dark.